[Translate to EN:]
This bicycle is a rocket in sheep's clothing. With its guards, the civil handle and the new saddle, it looks relatively regular. However, this is Herbert Toepfer's racing machine from the time of the German division. West-Berlin was an island in the middle of the GDR. Any cyclist looking to achieve his practice kilometers, had no choice but to switch to the transit route to the Federal Republic of Germany. Starting in 1955, Herbert Toepfer regularly cycled on the State Road 5 in direction Boizenburg. So as not to be recognized as a "westerner" immediately, a somewhat less noticeable secondary bicycle was used instead of the noble Italian model. For the same reason, he wore a neutral jersey. It may have happened that the boys along the road started to scream "Täve! Täve!" after him. Täve Schur was the GDR cycling super star. When the highway A 24 was built, the practice tours were no more. Today, the bicycle is located in the Museum of Paths in Wusterhausen, right by the old practice route.