The Museum in the Monastery Heiligengrabe looks back at a long tradition. In 1909, it was founded by the former abbess Adolphine von Rohr as a museum of local history for the Prignitz region and entertained the local populace with its early historical and local exhibits. After its destruction in 1945, the exhibition was revived by the museum association in the year 2000. A permanent exhibition about the history of the monastery and the later convent Heiligengrabe is presented in the East Wing of the abbey. Today, a small evangelical convent lives in the abbey and organizes various cultural events.
Foto: Museumsverband des Landes Brandenburg e.V., Lorenz Kienzle